Wednesday, January 27, 2016

#47 Butterflies + O is for Over the edge or U is for Undulating.

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #46  are in the post below

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries. 

Well we are down to the very last 2 letters
for this current round of the Alphabet.
Namely O & U.

I didn't want my Guest Designer to be left with
 no choice of which letter to use last
so this challenge is a Double Billing.

I let Jenny select which letter to go with 
and I took the remaining one.

I'm  delighted to introduce you  to my next Guest Designer

Please Welcome
Jenny L.
(winner #42)




Hi my name is Jenny Lawrence I live in Kent.
I am so pleased to be a Guest Designer for this current Butterfly Challenge.
I have been making cards for 16 years, and started my own blog in the later part of 2012 to share with other like minded people what I create.
I have always made things from and early age as craft was very much a part of my life, with lots of guidance from my mother and grandmother.
It was not easy for me learning how to knit and sew as I am left handed, and found that everyone that tried to teach me was right handed, but I soon found my own way of doing it with my left hand.
I would like to thank Mrs A for all her hard work involved in this wonderful challenge.

Jenny has chosen 

#47 Butterflies + O is for Over the edge.

  (so edge cut on project to overhang or the overhang method when cutting a die when the image goes over the edge as on a circle die).

Jenny has made this amazing tissue box cover.
Just look at those over the edge creative Butterflies.

Please visit Jenny on her blog to see how this was made.

Thank you  for being my Guest Designer
for #47.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.

This left me to take the letter U


#47 Butterflies + U is for  Undulating .

Undulate = to wave, or to move like waves
to cause to vibrate.

(so image or embellishment on  either wires or acetate strip so that it moves on the card.)

Here is my inspiration for you
using acetate strips.

This is actually the inside of the card.
The butterflies are all on seperate
acetate strips attached behind the 
die cut flower border and sandwiched
between the front and back fold of the 
base.



This is the card turned inside out
as it were to give a clearer picture.
You can see more details over on my blog.


So for this challenge you can choose to make a project using either 

#47 Butterflies + O is for Over the edge.

or

#47 Butterflies + U is for  Undulating .

The choice is yours.
Hope Jenny and I have given you some ideas.


The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either

A)  Blue selection 

or

(b)  Pink  selection 


or 
$10 gift certificate from

D A I S I E company

12 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, Jenny's box is just gorgous!! And love your clever design with the dancing butterflies! :)
Congrats to the winners!

Sandra H said...

Oh my goodness what a gorgeous tissue box and those butterflies are simply gorgeous too! also loving your card too Mrs A as always your so creative xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

I am popping in to get a closer look at this challenge as I thought it might be tough but I think I have some ideas. Jenny's box is amazing! Your free-flowing butterflies are gorgeous! Hoping to be back to play along!

Di said...

Oooer, tricky themes this time :( LOVE what you and Jenny made though!

Hugs

Di xx

Karen Petitt said...

I love the themes and think I have created following the U for undulating - my panel really does curve and is not as straight as it looks lol! Both Jenny and yourself have excelled yourselves, thank you as always for the challenge and gorgeous inspirations Karen x

evegr said...

I love butterflies and I find very intresting to take part of this challenge

Unknown said...

Such stunning and beautiful inspiration!! Thank you for a fun challenge! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Craftychris said...

Love your and Jenny's wonderful inspiration! I have joined in at last, its been ages! I hope my butterflies are 'over the edge' enough! I think they looked right just poking over the edge of the ATC's a little! xxx

Di said...

Phew! I fluttered in :-) Going crazy herevojntablet snort xx

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Hello Mrs A :)I have entered my card but I am hoping now that my Butterfly is "over the edge"of my frame enough!
Hugs,Nessa xxx

Barb said...

Oh dear a bit late but I hope my butterfly is over the edge far enough.

It's lovely to see Jenny as your Guest Designer Mrs. A. What an absolutely gorgeous tissue box. Barbxx

AlisonC said...

Great themrs. Sounds like everyone found this a bit trickier but we are rising to the challenge. All wonderful cards and so much variety.