Wednesday, February 10, 2016

#48 Butterflies + S is for Stamping and/or Sapphire

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #47  are in the post below.
My Butterfly Challenge is 2yrs old today!!
Where did all that time go to.
Thankyou all so much for continuing 
to play along with me.

We have used up all the letters of the 
Alphabet so it's time to dust of the cobwebs
and start a brand new set of letters and themes.
I'm introducing a new mix into the challenge too!!

 Each challenge will be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
Along with this letter will be a corresponding  colour.

You may choose to use just the letter /theme + butterfly
or use the colour + butterfly.
If you make your project 
using both the letter and the colour + butterfly
you will be eligible for going into a second draw to win 
an additional prize.
So that's 2 chances to win  on each challenge.  

The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries.  

I'm  delighted to introduce you  to my next Guest Designer

Please Welcome
Alison C.
(winner #44)


'It  is nearly four years since I bought my first set of stamps. As I have said before, they should have come with a warning that they are highly addictive! I bought one set of Inkylicious stamps, two ink pads and an acrylic block. You can imagine how my collection has grown since then.  It was a while before I was brave enough to create a blog and enter any challenges but I have had so much fun and learnt so much from reading other peoples posts.
When I'm not stamping I'm happiest in my wellies sowing and growing. I find plants as addictive as stamps.
I'm excited to be asked as guest designer here at the Butterfly Challenge and also somewhat nervous. I'm so looking forward to seeing all the creations and embarking on another fluttery year. '

Alison has chosen 

#48  Butterflies + S is for Stamping
with the additional option of  S is for the colour Sapphire.

So I would like to see stamping of some sort on your project 
along with your Butterfly/ies of course.

If you would like to use the additional option
then here is a paint chip to give you an idea of the colour. 


Alison has made two Gorgeous cards
to help get your ideas flowing. 

Alison says
Embossed card:
'I stamped the  flowers one at a time in Versamark then embossed in bronze. I wanted it to be covered in flowers so when each one was heat set I masked it and stamped the next one. Some patience was required but it didn't take too long. Then I coloured in shades of blue with green for the background. I embossed the frame as well by pressing it into the Versamark pad. '

'The way I have made these cards is by stamping the flowers and then painting in the colour using a brush, ink and water. I use a Big and Juicy ink pad squished onto an acrylic block for this as the colours blend so well. I mix with water to get darker and lighter shades.
I cut out the circle with a die and then made narrow frame using two dies together to finish off each circle.'


Absolutely gorgeous makes Alison.

Please visit Alison on her blog to see them in detail.

Thank you  for being my Guest Designer
for #48.

Please take your New Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.

Here is my inspiration for you.
I'm back on an acetate trip again!



 You can see more details over on my blog.

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either

A) Green selection 

or

(b)  Purple  selection 


or 
$10 gift certificate from


D A I S I E company



The additional prize available if
using both Stamping and the colour Sapphire
+your butterfly
is 

Sizzix Thinlits Die  660097



Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

33 comments:

Kath said...

Congratulations on your second anniversary. Great cards from you and Alison and I like the theme/colour options for this next set of challenges.
Kath x

Unknown said...

ooh, another fun challenge to play along to!! Amazing inspiration from you and the lovely gdt! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Tina Z. said...

Congratulations on your second anniversary, wow!
Great challenge, I love this colour and I am starting to love stamping ...
Lovely creations from you and GD!
hugs, tina

AlisonC said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. That butterfly die is a stunner, I'm sorry I can't enter! Get designing everyone, it could be you :)

terrie said...

What good news to read on your second anniversary Mrs. A
Congrats Allison on being the guest designer...lovely cards

Sandy said...

Congrats on your challenge anniversary. the inspiration cards this time are just stunning. Beautiful work by Allison and you.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congratulations on 2 years! Woohoo! Wonderful idea for the new themes and colours! I remember when I discovered your challenge I thought it was brilliant! I have always loved butterflies!

Congrats to Allison on her GD feature! Her makes are gorgeous! And your acetate card is beautiful! Great themes for this challenge! I will try to play along again this fortnight. But after looking at the recent winners and top picks, I know I need to step up my game!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congratulations Mrs A. Two years of challenge are a great goal!!
Allison creations are just stunning, she made two wonderful cards and used a very interesting technique!
LOVE sooooo much the first one card in bronze and turquoise!!!! So gorgous and vibrant! Thanks a bunch to Allison for sharing this great inspiration!! I needed it! :D
She have had a lot of patience with her masking, but such an amazing result! It's a masterpiece!

Susan Sudbury said...

Congratulations on your 2 years!!! Stunning samples this time, love the colors:)
Susan

Lia said...

Congrats on your 2 years!! I LOVE your blog and you give me so much inspiration. Keep on doing the good work and I will follow you!
Lia xx

KandA said...

Congratulations on 2 years. Beautiful creations from both you and Alison xx

Unknown said...

thanks for another fun challenge!! HUgs and sunshine

Karenladd said...

Wow, congratulations on 2 years!! I have been checking out your challenge on a regular basis but don't seem to get myself together enough to enter, but I love stamping and the color blue so I'll do my best thing time!

Jane Willis said...

Congratulations to you on your second blog birthday and to Alison on her guest spot. fab cards!
jane

ellyscard creatief said...

I make a missteak and enter nr 12 with my whole blog, can you remove this for my? Thanks , Gr Elly

Pat said...

Congratulations on hitting your two years running the challenge Mrs A and love the new ideas with the colour theme added in and such pretty cards from you and Alison to give us great inspiration. x

Granmargaret said...

Congratulations on running the challenge for 2 years. Lovely inspiration cards from you and Alison. I have added my card using a digi stamp and the colour. I hope you can continue for many more years.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's great to get to play here again, Mrs A, and I assure you I read all your posts

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Congratulations on your 2nd Blogaversary! This is the first time I have played here, lovely inspiration from the team and GDT.
Lorraine

Kimbo said...

I can't believe it's two years Mrs A, doesn't time fly. And congratulations for a fantastic blog. Thought it was too good to be true that my entry wasn't last minute - my card didn't load on my blog. I tried to delete my entry but couldn't so I'll add my card to my blog when I get home tonight x

Barb said...

Congratulations Mrs.A on your Two Year Blogaversary. What wonderfully inspirational cards by both yourself and Alisom. It's lovely to see her as your Guest Designer. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
Congrats on you 2 year Anniversary of this wonderful challenge.
Such wonderful makes from you and your GD, and they are so inspiring too.
Love and big hugs to all my Butterfly loving friends, and good luck everyone with the challenge.
Thank you also for this wonderful challenge, and your hard work involved.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hettie said...

Thank you xx

Darnell said...

Sorry I haven't been getting those butterflies on any cards for a long time, Mrs. A.! I had to make one for your second anniversary celebration!! Congratulations and I wish you many more! Hugs, Darnell

Janis said...

Big congratulations for this wonderful milestone. Your challenges are always so fun and inspiring. Thank you for all you do!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Di said...

Yippee - I made it! Super DT ideas Mrs A and it's busy in here too!

Hugs

Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

A VERY big congrats Mrs A on your second anniversary and must admit was delighted when this post came into my email as had just made four cards fitting the bill.. :D YAY!

I've linked over with two!! thanks for the encouragement each fortnight with your post,
Shaz in Oz.x

ike said...

Thank you for this fun Challenge. Congrats on your 2 year Anni :-D

IKE xxxx

Veerle said...

These new twists sounds great Mrs. A I so hope I can make the time to start playing along again. I've missed the butterfly challenge but I am having a lot of work this season with giving workshops. But I will try my best to join in. A hugs congrats too with the 2 year anniversary of the blog. Hugs, Veerle xx

Jean said...

Congratulations on the 2 year anniversary, my! how the time flies!!
I am so glad that I managed to make a card in time to enter, although I only used one element of the challenge.
All the inspiration cards are beautiful, thanks for this lovely challenge, long may it continue.
Jean x

Aileen said...

Congratulations on reaching two years. I finally have a card to add to your challenge again. I love butterflies and have so many stamps and dies but I keep getting distracted so Im glad I did this one for such a special occasion.

Susan Renshaw said...

Congratulations on reaching two years! Hoping to add something to celebrate!

Liz said...

Congratulations on your 2nd Anniversary. Managed to sneak in an entry before the deadline. Gorgeous cards for inspiration. xx